The Lockdown 2.0 is here!
Today, Prime Minister announced that the nationwide lockdown is extended till May 3, 2020. Authorities will monitor their respective area closely. The areas with no new Corona case would be able to resume with some essential activities starting from April 20, 2020. The Lockdown 2.0 is here with some relaxation for those who have been acting cautiously till now.
The PM mentioned –
- Congratulated and thanked people of India. Appreciated the steps taken and followed by all in fighting Corona.
- India is dealing better than most countries. Though the first cases in many countries had started with India, the number of cases in those nations is 25-30 times more.
- Keeping the incentives of daily wage earners and the time of harvesting of Rabi Crops, a new guideline of Lockdown will be issued tomorrow by the government.
- Some areas would be able to resume a few activities from April 20, 2020, based on their following the lockdown till now. If these areas have a new corona case, the leniency shall be pulled back.
- PM stated how India has started screening people at the airports way before it found its first case and had implemented nationwide lockdown before it crossed 500 cases.
The 21 days lockdown was implemented from March 24 to April 14. It is now till May 3, but some conditional relaxation to some areas. Let’s see how Lockdown 2.0 turns out for us after the success of the first phase of it. Wish you luck.
Stay home, stay safe.
COVID – 19 Cases till now
Total cases in India now stands at 10363. 1036 have now recovered and 339 have died. Maharashtra has the highest number of cases (2334) followed by Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh with more than 500 cases.